Monday, August 08, 2005

Wong Kar-Wai and Jim Jarmusch

Speaking of In the Mood for Love, I am incredibly excited for Wong's sequel 2046, which will be coming out in full release this Friday. I am similarly enthusiastic about the upcoming arrival of Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers. Both of these directors are true auteurs in a time where art and cinema do not overlap nearly often enough. I have loaded up my Netflix queue with these directors' back catalogs and you can expect to see posts about them in the near future.

Wong Kar-Wai receives extensive coverage in the current issue of Film Comment, but only one of the articles is online. Sadly, I liked the other one better, but pickers can't be choosers.

There was a great article on Jim Jarmusch in the July 31 issue of the New York Times Magazine. You can view the beginning of the article here, but, alas, you have to pay to see the rest of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home