Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ebert was my hero once

And he still is, for the most part, but he really needs to do a better job of getting his plot points straight. After writing my previous post, I went to his website to check out his review of Broken Flowers (oddly enough, he seems to have chosen not to review 2046 at all) and, although I like the review itself, he's really disappointed me by confusing the names of one of the characters. Call me nitpicky, but a film critic seems less reliable to me when he refers to a character named Ron as Dan. They're always smaller details, but Ebert has been making more and more mistakes like this as of late and I can't help but wonder if this will eventually start to affect his ability to properly judge the quality of a film. If you can't remember what happened, you can't tell how good it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home